Effective Against Dog Liver Disease
Milk thistle is often the herb of choice among holistic veterinarians because it is a powerful antioxidant. Scientific analysis shows that milk thistle contains silymarin which can block the entry of toxins into the liver and remove them at cellular level, resulting in regeneration of liver cells and improved liver function..
In addition to milk thistle, there are several other nutrients which are beneficial to the liver:
- Dimethyglycine (DMG) – An amino acid that helps rebuild liver cells and encourages the elimination of toxins in the body.
- Curcumin/Turmeric Extract – A potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- Pyridoxal 5'Phospate – The active form of B6, an essential vitamin that is not easily broken down in pets with compromised livers.
- Vitamin E - Protects the liver from copper accumulation
- Vitamin B12 – An important vitamin needed for proper digestion and absorption of food.
- Choline Citrate – A chemical used by the liver to move fats in and out of the cells, which is crucial to liver health.
- Methionine – An amino acid needed for proper detoxification of the liver.
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine – An amino acid that is aids in the removal of toxins from the liver.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – A powerful antioxidant that enhances the antioxidant effects of Vitamins C and E.
- Coenzyme Q10 – Also known as Vitamin Q, this nutrient is essential for healthy liver function.
- Burdock - Used for centuries as a blood purifier and cleanser.
- Natrium Phosphate - A tissue salt that helps to assimilate fats and promote the flow of bile from the gall bladder.
- Natrium Sulphate - A tissue salt often recommended to detoxify the liver.
1 Drop per Pound per Day